6.1.07

Blogosphere Blues



I feel so blue today I can’t express it in words, I’m blue and I don’t know why. It’s this fatigue thing, this feel of being drained, this absolute incapacity to write a single word that makes sense or is meaningful not only to me but to others, to the people who come here and expect to find something to read worthwhile their ten minutes attention span.

I’m sorry, I just can’t do it. I got the blues and I don’t know why the blues got me. Maybe I’m just tired, yeah I am tired but that’s not enough. Maybe it’s this tendency to rush on with life, rush life to the limit and then, one beautiful morning, like today, I wake up, look myself in the mirror and ask: why all the fuss? What are you aiming at, who are you running from or what is it that you’re running to?

It’s time to take time. As a very good friend of mine says, time consumes us, time turns us upside down, we either have too much of it or too little, and we never seem to have the perfect timing.

Well, I got the blues and as I got the blues I need to take time.

Sinto em mim a fraqueza do exército de Xerxes, quando o rei dos reis ordenou que se construísse sobre o mundo a ponte do Ponto que não levaria nem o exército nem Xerxes a ponto algum, que não o ponto da morte, ponto passagem para outro ponto além que não lhes sorriu, nem a Xerxes nem ao exército nem a mim tão pouco a ponto algum que não um ponto de partida onde tu não estás e eu não estou também.

Feeling blue I criss-cross an encrypted message, toss it a bottle and throw it to the open see of the blogosphere. Increasingly, our communication time is spent more and more in front of a computer, managing our every day life needs and wishes from a keyboard. This fact alone means a radical change in what we are, not only as individuals, but also as Society.

Quando Xerxes ordenou às suas tropas que atravessassem o Ponto sabia quão inglória a travessia se revelaria. A ponte sobre o Ponto não ruiu e tal foi tomado pelos feiticeiros que acompanhavam o exército como um bom presságio. Ponto. Xerxes convocou os xamãs e questionou-os sobre o que estrelas destinavam à sua venturosa empreitada. Ponto. Os Xamãs reponderam-lhe. Ponto. “Ó Rei dos Reis, quão magnífico é o Teu exército! Cem mil cabeças obedecem sem pestanejar às Tuas ordens, Rei dos Reis! Em breve, muito em breve, esmagarás os Gregos!” Ponto.


Quando eu morrer e for a enterrar, se alguma alma caridosa se lembrar de mandar pôr uma lápide na minha última morada, gostaria muito que nela se pudesse ler: Here sleeps a pointy-headed-pseudo-leftist-intellectual-friend. Be violent. Smash a fucking window, It will make you fell good and will get you out of the cold.

A verdade é que vivemos numa sociedade que convive muito mal com o sexo. Numa sociedade que se escandaliza, que se horroriza, que se flagela, porque meia dúzia de gajos mais ou menos importantes terá enrabado meia-dúzia de meninos menos importantes. Que o fenómeno da pedofilia nos perturbe, consigo compreender. Que ele suscite um clamor irracional de vozes, manifestações, cartas abertas, declarações, processos de intenções, julgamentos na praça pública, isso, já não consigo.



The blogosphere is the world of the ephemeral, of the transient and this brings us to style. Make your posts short and make them good: align text, add good visual aids to the post in question. It is not that sometimes you can’t write your 1000 words diatribes. Just don’t over do it. Most bloguers will blog away when they see a 1000 word post.

Feeling blue I mix (MY) words that make no sense and expect my pastiche to become a work of art. It will not. Anyway, I’ve developed across the years a very sceptical personality. I think that bloguing is great fun. It takes me to unreal places I’ve never been before. It makes feel good. And bad. And blue. Hell, I even meet people in real life that I’ve known previously from bloguing. How blue can that be? I even develop real life friendships! It's fuckin' blue and the best part is I like to publish my work, call me vain.

O exército estava todavia enfraquecido. A marcha através da Ásia Menor minara os homens empobrecendo os seus corações com a mais triste das doenças: a saudade de casa, a saudade das suas famílias, dos seus amores, dos seus mistérios, dos segredos que nem Xerxes nem os xamãs que seguiam no seu séquito logravam compreender. Ponto.

Enfim, Xerxes percebeu que estava tudo perdido e que nunca venceria os Gregos, nem ele nem os que caminhassem na sua peugada. E então. Ponto. Xerxes convocou os xamãs e pronunciou: dois pontos.

“Estes homens que vêem construindo sobre o Ponto a ponte, são cem mil cabeças. Com as vossas e a minha, são cem mil e uma cabeças. Ponto. Dentro de cem anos, estaremos todos mortos.” Ponto.

Seiscentos anos depois, um homem a quem a história chamou César, atravessa o Rubicão. Ponto. Não teve medo e morreu. Ponto. Onde estás, Gazela afoita? Ponto. Quero atravessar o ponto. Quero atravessá-lo contigo. Ponto.

«Aimer et penser: c'est la veritable vie des esprits. » Voltaire.

Feeling blue, i don't feel like loving and much less like thinking. In the broad day ligth you left me wondering why, why with us it can not be.

Lobo Solitário signing off, 8-avariciousness.