23.7.07

Pensamento da noite

"I'm going to marry Elaine Robinson. Ha...Ha... Well - Well - Well... What's happening? Ben says he and Elaine are getting married. I don't believe it. That's what he says. Right? I'm going up to Berkeley today. Come on, let's call the Robinsons. We've got something to celebrate. No, I think you'll want to wait on that. They don't know? No - they don't. Well, when did you decide all this?

About an hour ago.

Wait a minute. You talked to Elaine this morning? No, she doesn't know about it.You mean she doesn't know that you're coming up to Berkeley? No. Actually, she doesn't know about us getting married yet. When did you two talk this over? We haven't.

You haven't?

Ben, this whole idea sounds pretty half-baked. No, it's not. It's completely baked.
It's a decision I've made."

Retrieved from: The Graduate.